Parents and students frequently have questions about when it is appropriate to stay home from school because of illness. Follow these guidelines to help with your decision:
- If your child has had a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours
- If your child has vomited or had diarrhea within the past 24 hours
- If your child has a new, undiagnosed rash
- If your child has pus-like eye drainage
- Symptoms of severe illness such as unusual fatigue, uncontrolled cough, and difficulty breathing
- If your child feels ill enough that he/she would not be able to benefit from being at school
Please contact the school’s nurse if you have questions. You can also refer to the brochure Is My Student Well Enough to go to School?